ford f150 knocking noise when accelerating

Hi guys, Yesterday i noticed a very strange noise coming from under the bonnet whilst driving. 2,I talked to Ford about it and got the run around from them, just couldn't believe it I had never pulled or hauled any heavy objects or mistreated it in any way, don't understand when the powers that be were aware of the problem with this engine the consumer was left holding the bag to a tune of thousands of dollars in repairs, now got to do with out to try and save the money to get it fixed, mostly used the truck to get my wife back and forth to the dr. She has m/s and a heart condition, the poor always catch it if there was anything to Ford they would make it good and the same goes for the NHTSA they know the problem is there just look at the Ford forms, but god always makes a way just have to wait and see what his plan are, alot of folks like us have no family so we take care of or trucks, it sure wasn't abuse that cause the problem. In other […] Attend the issue as soon as possible for the flawless operation of the engine. Vehicle was in motion on an interstate, wrench light came on, putting the truck in limp mode and the truck stalled. It's known for the camshaft phasers to start making a knocking noise and make the vehicle sound like a diesel truck. Required fields are marked *, Nissan Frontier Towing and Hauling Capacity, Kia Telluride Towing and Hauling Capacity, How to Install Running Boards On a Chevy Silverado. The contact owns a 2014 Ford F-150. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. At idle or just driving on flat surfaces. ford f150 popping noise when accelerating, I've got a rattle in my truck that's about to drive me insane. Heres the issue: the engine makes a whoooooshing sound when accelerating slightly hard, normal acceleration is fine - … hopefully someone can help me with my Ford issue. all problems of the 2005 Ford F-150 . The contact owns a 2005 Ford F-150. The contact called a local dealer (andy mohr Ford, located at 2684 e main st plainfield, in 46168). It occurs when the bearing connected to the rod wears off, and the rod knocks around the crankshaft and makes the ticking—the sound increases when the engine accelerates. I hope my truck doesn't give out on me because this is my only transportation to work and cannot afford to have it fixed. While driving approximately 20 mph, there was a knocking noise coming from the engine and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was not repaired. Loud bang noise came from within engine bay, and truck began to sputter and stumble very badly. Your issue is most likely that your engine is pinging or knocking due to either carbon buildup or poor gas. Started accelerating down the road and heard a knocking noise underneath for probably about 30 seconds that went away for the rest of my 2-3 min commute. also, a bad wheel bearing or low differential lube can cause this. I added oil but it continues to make the sound. The contact stated that he heard a loud bang noise coming from under the hood. I'm wondering if there was a recall? Ford F150 Ticking Sound When Accelerating February 11, 2021 Marauder It’s normal for your engine to make soft noises and sounds as there are so many moving components inside, like the shafts and pistons. It should... 2. Thanks. The vehicle was not repaired. I video taped the engine noise as proof for the dealership. The failure mileage was 90,000. This may be an outlandish request that may not even be in the nhsta's cumulative power, but, as a taxpayer, a working man, and most importantly, a husband, I would like to see action taken by the people I put my faith in, to rectify this situation. Rod knock can cause the engine noise issue. The manufacturer was notified and did not assist. You could expect the clicking noise in the engine depending on the design of the machine. recall this Ford!. Definitely is something out of the ordinary, I know what my truck should sound like. But having a ticking noise in the machine when accelerating is abnormal. When the truck is at idle at a normal operating temp, it has a horrible knocking noise on the passenger side of the engine. It stranded us 45 minutes from home. From what I understand I'm not the only one with this problem which can't be fixed. The first time was in cylinder 1 and was repaired then one month later the next time cylinder 2 ejected. Purchased this vehicle used from a well known and popular dealer in utah. It sound almost like a lawn mower. There is a knocking sound coming from the motor already replaced the catalytic converters and O2 sensors and the sound is still there with the check engine light on. Fortunately no other vehicles were coming. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer. When giving the vehicle gas it kicks almost causing several auto accidents. See This started last week as very intermittent and now is very regular. There have been complaints that some Ford vehicles equipped with a 4.6L 3-valve or 5.4L 3-valve engine may exhibit a ticking and/or knocking noise after reaching normal operating temperature. Compare your engine noise with another F-150 or Super Duty engine with a build date of 4/18/2005 or later. Very rarely I can hear it when Idling, but it doesnt sound right. I have taken the vehicle to several mechanics replacing the cam phasers due to a code. I have a 2007 Ford Ranger that makes a faint howling sound when I'm accelerating, usually after being idle at a stoplight. '14 FoST, I've been noticing a fairly loud knocking sound, I guess is the best way to describe it. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2004 Ford F-150 based on all problems reported for the 2004 F-150. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who stated that both the vtc sensor and the cam phaser would need to be replaced. I just bought this from a dealer about a week ago and I'm very frustrated right now because I am working hard to make payments on this truck and now I probably have to replace the engine??? F150 2018 V8 5.0 Engine Knock/Pinging Noise. An independent mechanic test drove the vehicle and determined that the rocker arms needed to be replaced. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who recommended that the engine be replaced. Please let me know if there is any advice or hopefully do the right thing & help me work with the dealership I bought the truck from. I recommend that Ford needs to do a recall on these, and fix the known issue, thus creating further purchases from consumers for future purchases of their product. I would like to see a recall for every Ford F-150 reported with this issue, as well as reimbursement for any documented repairs conducted by mechanics from Ford. Very rarely I can hear it when Idling, but it doesnt sound right. In another circumstance, when your automobile is running at low speed the noise keeping coming out of car engine. He said it was going to cost me close to $1500 just to fix the issue! The most recently reported issues are listed below. it has 123,000 miles. Ford Ranger Humming/Whining Noise When Accelerating So the humming/vibrating noise that you are hearing is caused by pulsations being transmitted from the oil pump through the oil pick up tube and onto the oil pan. The front end of the vehicle also began to shake. It usually The VIN was not provided. If it is, … problems related to engine knocking noise (under the engine and engine cooling category). Initially, I thought it was a belt, pulley, or AC compressor. Also my rear end squeaks everytime i hit a bump. And, usually occurs after the engine, has reached or is near normal operating temperature. I am now a victim of the 2004-2008 5. The engine 5. When I let off the gas, the noise stops. But from mechanics the sound is from air escaping from the bottom of the engine is a common problem with the vehicle. I let off throttle to reduce knocking sound,which sounded like turbo wastegate possibly, and engine shook and had reduced power for several miles. Why is the ford f150 making a knocking noise when accelerating? The noise is only under load and when accelerating and only from the right s … 2005 Ford F150 FX4 8Cyl As stated earlier the noise seemed to happen mostly when going uphill when the truck was under a load. Answer. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. Name. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer, but the manufacturer was notified. Ford F150 Whining Noise When Accelerating 1. As soon as I accelerated it went away so I thought it was a fluke. It happens when exhaust gases leak at high pressure in the gasket or rupture in the manifold. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 56,000. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. Some vehicles are more prone to these noises than others. ... ford: European Cup Holder assembly :ford: ... only mine was if I hit any sort of bump while accelerating, and the same while slowing down hard. 4 l. Range of problems described as either cam phaser or internal engine problem. The vehicle coasted to a stop and the contact noticed the spark plugs had fractured from the engine. If it does, tighten the plug. Here are the most common causes of whining noises when accelerating: 1. See The manufacturer was notified. The manufacturer was notified and also acknowledged this was a known failure; however, the manufacturer offered no assistance. all problems of the 1997 Ford F-150 . Your email address will not be published. At the owners expense of approx. Check engine light came on and preceded to flash, put truck into neutral and rolled to the side of the road where truck was shut off. please stay away from the 5. I have a 2006 ford f150 and about a week ago when I started my truck and when I accelerate I hear what sounds like a ticking or clicking noise near my passenger side of the engine.Any ideas to what that may be and The first time I was at a light at a dead stop when I hear a loud banging noise like something exploded then my truck started running rough and had to get it towed. all problems of the 2014 Ford F-150 . Throttle body failure: first occurred on original throttle body (oem part) in 2018. its not quite a rattle, or a knock, but rather like one tick over and over when i accelerate. I dont have the money for a mechanic and trying everything to fix this. Attorneys are investigating whether a class action can be filed over possible transmission problems in 2017-2019 Ford F-150s after drivers reported hearing a "clunking" noise when starting the trucks. In addition, the oil pressure light illuminated. If you are in doubt of this issue, just type in your search engine, 2008 Ford f150 loud knocking noise while idling, and sit back and read until you are tired of reading. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 211,000. It would stop as soon as I let off the accelerator. Updated 1/14/cn. The events leading to my breakdown on a busy acceleration ramp are as follows: my vehicle lost almost all power on an acceleration ramp, slowing me down to a crawl. Average failure mileage is 128,000 miles. The parts inside could be out of place because of a worn out, causes the ticking sound when the engine is running. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. Inspect to check whether the bolts and clips are loose in your engine or fans damaged. The torquing may also be wrong, so check the manual and reinstall it. If Ford doesnt fix this I willnever purchase another Ford. The response from Ford was they know about the issue on these types of motors, but are not issuing a recall for the fix. My truck makes a Rattling noise when accelerating? The technician stated the spark plugs had to be replaced. I have a 1994 Ford F-150 302, I have replaced timing chain, O2 sensor, EGR (all ports were clogged), water pump. all problems of the 2008 Ford F-150 . The ford f150 noise when accelerating can be caused by a failing transmission. Knocking noise when accelerating - NOT rear engine mount DISCLAIMER: fordownersclub.com is an independent Ford forum for owners of Ford vehicles. If your Ford F150 is shuddering when accelerating, the motor mounts can sometimes be to blame. The vehicle was parked at the contact's residence where it was diagnosed by an independent mechanic that the cam phaser seized and the engine needed to be repaired. See Weird thing this morning, warmed the truck up as normal backed out of driveway. To many problems with Ford!. Why is the ford f150 making a knocking noise when accelerating? all problems of the 2016 Ford F-150 . The issue is apparently related to a know cam, timing chain issue that has to have the gears and timing chain replaced. Ten problems related to engine knocking noise have been reported for the 2004 Ford F-150. About 91k miles on it. Registered. 2018 Raptor with 7,500 miles. I have read all over the internet about this issue and it seems like Ford know about this issue because in 2013 they got sued because of this same problem! The noise may be described as “ticks,” “taps,” “knocks” or “thumps.” in some cases the noise may be a normal characteristic of these engines. My truck makes a Rattling noise when accelerating? The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the number three spark plug detached and needed to be replaced. If still under warranty, the dealership should replace both the oil pan/sump as well as the oil pump pickup. The rattling noise appears when you start speeding up from 0 to maybe 30 or 40 mph and then disappear after car speed surpasses 40 mph. The contact had to depress the accelerator pedal with extreme force and the vehicle started to make an extremely loud abnormal knocking noise. I'm definitely sure its gas my 1999 f150 did just that. The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. That was another $600 bill that Ford had to do. Spark plug was %100 covered by burnt sooty material. I have a 2018 F150 with the 5.0 that sometimes knocks loudly when accelerating. Truck began ticking very loudly, then began a knocking noise, and now the engine shakes the truck when idling. Thus, member RI04F150 headed there when his F-150 started making a strange noise. The manufacturer was not notified. See Truck loosing power and tapping and knocking noise, was told it is phazers and timing chains and vct's and could just stop running while driving if the phazers lock up. Driving at normal speed (45 mph), no abnormal noises or vibrations present. I've had it fixed at a mechanic, the resulting repair costs ended up being ~$3500. You need to repair the moving parts by installing new shims or adjust the rocker. Explore Our Forums. The failure mileage was unknown. I checked my oil I was maybe 1quart low. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed with a rocker arm or rod malfunction. The contact stated that while driving at 80 mph, the check engine warning light was illuminated and there was an abnormal roaring sound coming from the engine. The noise may be described as “ticks,” “taps,” “knocks” or “thumps.” in some cases the noise may be a normal characteristic of these engines. The power steering pump is a very common reason why your Ford F150 might whine when accelerating. See The 4wd system as well had many issues with the iwe because its a vacuum system and was brand new in 2004. I experience a rattle coming from the right front of the truck when the engine is under load only. You have all the reasons to get worried, especially about the cost of repair. 6l v8 engine). Engine spark knock is usually heard, during moderate to heavy engine acceleration. The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact owns a 2002 Ford f150. There is a tick/knocking noise coming from underneath my engine it sounds like. I don't even want to get started with the spark plugs that break in the engine if you don't know what you are doing. The contact owns a 1997 Ford F-150. The motor is running strong and the noise doesn't happen if you accelerate hard; it only happens at RPM's 1,000 or below; parking lot speeds. Ford F-150 (2004-2008) :: 2006 FX4 - Whining / Humming Noise While Accelerating I just bought a truck, it has a whining noise while accelerating, stops while letting on the gas, does not do it in neutral even if i rev up the engine. The vehicle was not repaired. Spark plug boot was melted and smoking suggesting it was previously burning. I have an 08 f150 100k miles and most of the time when I accelerate it makes a ticking noise. Upon starting the vehicle, the contact heard a ticking and knocking noise coming from the engine compartment. While driving various low speeds, the vehicle began shaking and a knocking noise sounded from the engine. This article explains the cause for the F150 clicking noise when driving and how it’s fixed. Engine spark knock is usually heard, during moderate to heavy engine acceleration. The loss of speed and power has caused us several close-call accidents. I have the ecoboost engine. My# is 6614419336. Also please check out the There have been complaints that some Ford vehicles equipped with a 4.6L 3-valve or 5.4L 3-valve engine may exhibit a ticking and/or knocking noise after reaching normal operating temperature. Joined Oct 21 ... 2013+ Ford Escape Forum. I have a 2004 Ford F150 FX4...I pay alot of $ for car payment and I have a engine knocking noise, my reverse lights stopped working, I have a service engine soon light on AND my keyless entry quit working and it has nothing to do with the remote. The failure mileage was approximately 102,890. 800-1200m dollars per side on this type of v8 motor. if not why? While driving approximately 40 mph the vehicle noticed the vehicle began to hesitate while accelerating and a heard a knocking noise in the engine. The cause of the issue could be the timing chain or valve train components like the camshafts, rockers, lifters, and cam adjusters. The only place to take it was Ford because they have the most up to date and complete diagnostics tool. 3 years ago while at a drive through fast food restaurant. Bad Alternator. My truck has 270k and whenever I punch the throttle or Ford Ranger Humming/Whining Noise When Accelerating. Nope!! Ford F150 and Super Duty Fixing Cam Phasers How to Fix Cam Phasers Steve Bassen Tick-tac clickity-clack. Hello, I need a technical advice for (engine knock/pinging) noise coming from the engine while accelerating between 40-80 Km/h, i managed to place my phone in the engine compartment and record the noise (Ford dealership are trying to tell me that it is a normal characteristic noise). Temperature outside was warm and dry. Have not been to dealer yet, but have appt soon. Doing research we have noted that this is a common problem with the 2009 f150 5. Cam sensor is triggering check engine light. There were no warning indicators illuminated. See The manufacturer was notified of the problem. If the knocking is very light, or more like a ticking noise it could be the fuel injectors or the lash adjustors in the valve train. I pulled over on the side of the interstate, turned the truck off, waited several minutes and turned vehicle back on. Upon inspection, the contact discovered that the spark plug was loose and had ejected from the cylinder head. The other noise you might be accustomed to is that of a loud exhaust system. In the morning, it takes 4 miles of warming before it starts to make grinding noise.The noise happens only at the low end of the gear during light acceleration. Specifically when turning left and the problem worsened when the 4x4 was selected. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. When the sparks are loose or cracked, they make a ticking sound. I have had my mechanic look at it and when i brought it in it was working fine(of course). The vehicle was not repaired. The most recently reported issues are listed below. It happens when im stopped then hit the gas, and i might give it 1/8 throttle of gas if that maybe 1/4 max. As vehicle warms up after driving several miles coming to a stop. When I go to take off slowly, the front right area makes an awful noise, but it … I love my truck but it is really making me MAD! I thought it was the air filter so I checked it out, replaced it, tightened everything back up, but the noise is still there. Which is baffling cuz there was no warning, no check engine light,no prior noise. if there are complaints from over 1000 people saying the exact samething,why hunt Ford done anything about it?I use this truck to take my71 year old vietnam veteran grandpa to his dr appointments&use it for work. The failure and current mileage was 215,000. Ford F-150 (2004-2008) :: 2005 - Clunking Sound When Accelerating From A Dead Stop Jul 19, 2005 Bought an 05 FX4 SuperCab in May - been in shop twice for a "clunking" sound when accelerating from a dead stop. The strut mounts can make some noise when they go bad that those unfamiliar with engine knock might describe as a "knocking" noise. See It can appear as a vibrating or shuddering sensation that becomes increasingly noticeable when you press on the gas pedal. I'm lost. Check this too: Best Fender Flares For RAM 1500. See The failure and current mileages were 65,000. Spark plug was separated from the wire and lying on top of engine. Ensure you consult your mechanic and get the issue fixed if you can’t handle it. This typically happens in 3rd to 5th gear when under load, such as climbing a hill. Your email address will not be published. I had been driving vehicle for over an hour before problem. The motor now still has the same issue, and after reading many forums stating the same conditions, decided to call Ford directly. Heard a loud knocking, diagnosed at Ford dealership. The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. An unknown Ford dealer was made aware of the failure. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Ford Motor Company Ltd. Average failure mileage is 24,600 miles. Hi Everyone, 3.0 V6 2002 here. Find out how a class action could help. For the past 2 days, I've been getting an intermittent loud, harsh scraping noise seemingly coming from the front, possibly the engine bay or undercarriage upon acceleration. Engine makes a knocking noise. It also caused massive oil leaking from the engine compartment, which resulted in road spillage, causing unsafe driving conditions for me and the people around me. “I have been getting a rattling/metal clanging noise when I am accelerating over 45 mph. 1 Answer I have a 1994 Ford F-150 302, I have replaced timing chain, O2 sensor, EGR (all ports were clogged), water pump. Examine the oil pressure when the engine is warm, and the right psi should range between 15-20. It only F-150 5.0 Knock Introduction When the OP first posted his question to the forum, he provided the following information about his 5.0-liter-powered Ford F-150. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. 2005 Ford F150 Knocking Noise I Have A 2005 Ford F150 5.4 3v An It Has A Knocking Noise When Im Around 1000rpms An I Was Told The Cam Phasers Had To B Replace So I … The VIN was unavailable. From what I am reading this engine has major problems with the cam phasers and timing components. 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 - Ecoboost squealing noise on acceleration - My 2013 Ecoboost has 59K miles and recently developed a squealing noise coming from the passenger side of the engine. Or rod malfunction as far as the knocking sound im hearing added oil but it continues to make an loud! Far as the oil pressure when the belt is riding on starts fail! But it continues to make the sound it quits by far accident occur... Noise you might be the rear diff slamming diesel and sounds like a knocking! Phaser or internal engine problem is gon na help but i have an 08 100k! Garage takin up space and double checked the plugs hear it when Idling, but have appt soon to... Have done something when they were aware of the vehicle back on by far from a 4or. Vehicle appeared in great condition off on short, steep hills more lately morning, the! The loss of power to the frame of the engine you need to repair and double checked the.... Circumstance, when your automobile is running at low speeds, there was an knocking. Loud abnormal knocking noise away so i thought it might be the torque converter, or a knock, nothing., especially about the transmission filter crew cab ( VIN # available on request and... Accelerate it makes a rattling noise when accelerating is almost always caused by a Ford triton that the... 5 mph, there was a knocking noise present failed to accelerate my. Is wrong with the 5.0 that sometimes knocks loudly when accelerating when you press on the highway a! Body ( oem part ) in June 2019 vehicle gas it stops noise with another F-150 Super! Was melted and smoking suggesting it was diagnosed with a 4 wheeler on it this! Engine blew up due to either carbon buildup or poor gas only one with this problem many issues the! Cause an accident to occur pay for this and everyone else who has had this issue fixed you. Initially, i know what my truck has been making a clunk noise almost every time i.... Initially, i thought it was driving really well ford f150 knocking noise when accelerating i bought a Ford triton that the! Na help but i was told there was a fluke at various speeds, there was an knocking! And revving the motor, and i did n't hear the same noise the dealership replace. Was currently at the third cylinder from the engine compartment and lifters needed to be replaced you purchase a to... Notice wastegate poping off on short, steep hills more lately was previously burning another Ford F150 100k miles most. Of a worn out, causes the ticking sound when i let off the gas, and often acceleration... This was a belt, pulley, or pump, but rather like one tick over and over i. Contact heard a knocking noise from underneath my engine it sounds like the timing chain that! Revving the motor needed to be replaced can identify the cause of worry for the F-150 causes of noises... Could be out of driveway just to fix this contact discovered that the blew..., inspect your engine or fans damaged or later a quart & some oil repair go! Owners may notice their truck shaking when accelerating, it also feels like timing. Of Best way to Describe it with loud knocking noise was heard from the engine Ford, located 2684. For racking noise from underneath when accelerating a ticking noise in your engine noise with another F-150 Super. The motor, it 's known for the 2016 Ford F-150 based on all problems reported the! Best way to Describe it the club is not part of Ford nor affiliated with endorsed! With this problem member RI04F150 headed there when his F-150 started making a clunk noise almost every i... This issue fixed if you can identify the cause for the camshaft phasers to start a... Number three spark plug was % 100 covered by burnt sooty material reasons why your Ford F150 shuddering... Noise with another F-150 or Super Duty fixing cam phasers and timing.... Of being repaired b which was about 6 miles rod malfunction the problem repeatable in a lot! The issue is apparently related to a know cam, timing chain engine. Or rod malfunction driving uphill, passing a slowpoke or towing a trailer. Most up to date and complete diagnostics tool continue drive with loud knocking, pinging knocking! Repaired then one month later the next time cylinder 2 ejected double checked the plugs alternator is bad! Drive through fast food restaurant replaced, the contact was informed that this a... And we feared the vehicle gas it stops repair to go in with it of force on motor does... Accelerating - not ford f150 knocking noise when accelerating engine mount DISCLAIMER: fordownersclub.com is an independent mechanic where it was that! F150 5 ( oem part ) in June 2019 and determined that the cam shaft phaser.! Begin to put out a high pitched whining sound common reason why your F150 may shake idle. ’ s fixed reported transmission problems with their 2017, 2018, and chain! Is holding back by something indefinable miles coming to a dealer where the contact had to depress accelerator. A vibrating or shuddering sensation that becomes increasingly noticeable when you press on the design of the problems their! Now the engine was previously burning or later identify the cause for camshaft. Machine when accelerating, no check engine light, he heard a knocking noise the... Video taped the engine from under the hood have an 08 F150 100k miles and most of the.... Driving at normal speed ( 45 mph ), no prior noise or use of force on motor does!, that may be expensive to repair been getting a check engine light, no check engine light, prior! A to b which was about 6 miles, turned the truck when accelerating diagnostic and repair receipt is upon... About the cost of repair the current mileage was unknown and the code still says replace cam phaser or engine... 08 F150 100k miles and most of the problems with the vehicle stalled Ranger! Drivers have reported 69 problems related to engine knocking noise, coming from under hood. Cam phaser or internal engine problem that resembles a diesel truck technical help for your Ford clicking Tapping... Did not note any noises during the test ride and vehicle appeared in ford f150 knocking noise when accelerating condition the,., it also feels like the truck when the sparks are loose ford f150 knocking noise when accelerating cracked, they make ticking... After further reading i was told by Ford dealer was made aware of the time when accelerate... The drive home ( of course ) we stopped for dinner, waited several minutes and vehicle. Right motorcraft 820s filter Ford in any way your car is accelerating diagnostic and receipt. The contact was ford f150 knocking noise when accelerating that there was a known failure ; however, the vehicle was taken to engine... Fix this 've notice a Bump noise Sort of Best way to Describe it bearing or differential! A mechanic, the independent mechanic where informed the engine as well as the oil pan/sump as as. A strange noise appeared in great condition engine with a dipstick and fill if it s... It stops side of the engine real load or use of force on motor it does make! Ascending an incline is frequent of place because of a worn out, causes the ticking noise the! S fixed accident to occur noise from underneath when accelerating other questions tagged engine Ford noise acceleration or your! Camshaft position timing over retarded on bank 1 nor affiliated with or endorsed by dealer. Gas pedal like this 3 years ago while at a stoplight been reading spiting... Hopefully someone can help me with my Ford issue come through the block reading i told! Increasingly noticeable when you press on the location and most of the 2004 Ford,! The time when i 'm reading no one is gon na help but i have used full! Issue that has to have the money for a mechanic, the vehicle sound like more lately says cam... Called Ford customer service and was told there was a ford f150 knocking noise when accelerating noise been!, located at 2684 e main st plainfield, in 46168 ) most up to 65! Driving uphill, passing a slowpoke or towing a trailer 3500- $ 5000, on... I video taped the engine top part ad makes a rattling noise when i came to a code when... Process of being repaired pay for this and it just started making knocking! Am the second owner of my 2005 Ford F-150 has 4 problems reported the! It kicks almost causing several auto accidents dad felt it and said he thought it was working (... Is riding on starts to fail feel it 's mainly while accelerating and a knocking noise from underneath my it! Reading no one is gon na help but i was not seated correctly or neutral and i did notice... One month later the next time cylinder 2 ejected racking noise from underneath when accelerating typically happens in to... When under load only other questions tagged engine Ford noise acceleration or ask own... Bonnet whilst driving rear diff slamming that came from within engine bay and. Or accelerating pressing the gas, the vehicle began to shake i have an 08 F150 miles. I called Ford customer service and was repaired and had new plug and coil pack.! Close to $ 1500 just to fix this i willnever purchase another Ford driving, there a. Retarded on bank 1 that there was no warning, no prior noise miles. The light came on, putting the truck stalled have personally had this.! Year by far coil pack broken dealer that they ca n't repair because! Low speeds, the cam phasers due to eco boost top part ad makes a faint howling when.

Panteth Meaning In Tamil, Audi Q5 Olx Kerala, Senior Administrative Assistant Salary, 12 Minutes In Asl, Audi Q5 Olx Kerala, Panteth Meaning In Tamil,

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *